Befriend on a one to one basis that normally lasts for 2 hours per week for 1 year for each client.
- We are looking for volunteers from all groups in the community and backgrounds. Because of the nature of our work we can only accept volunteer applications from those aged over 18 years old.
- Experience of mental distress, your own or others’ can be helpful but it is not essential.
- You must be reliable and able to give time on a regular basis.
- You need to be patient, a good listener, and able to accept other people as they are.
- Ideally befrienders should be living in Harrow which is in North West London , living in one of the surrounding areas.
- We are looking for volunteers who are available for two-three hours on a weekday during the day (morning or afternoon) as we do not have a demand for evening or weekend befriending and our office is not open outside usual working hours.
2 hours per week for 1 year for each client.
Befriending Scheme Coordinator – Meg Hegarty.
Email email@example.com or tel: 020 8515 7852.