Befriend on a one to one basis that normally lasts for 2 hours per week for 1 year for each client.
- We accept volunteers from all groups in the community and backgrounds. Because of the nature of our work we can only accept volunteer applications from those aged over 18 years old.
- Experience of mental distress, your own or others’ can be helpful but it is not essential.
- You must be reliable and able to give time on a regular basis.
- You need to be patient, a good listener, and able to accept other people as they are.
- Ideally befrienders should be living in Harrow which is in North West London , living in one of the surrounding areas.
- Our volunteers are available for two-three hours on a weekday during the day (morning or afternoon) as we do not have a demand for evening or weekend befriending and our office is not open outside usual working hours.
2 hours per week for 1 year for each client.
Befriending Scheme Coordinator – Meg Hegarty.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07702 803 130.