Living with meaning and being connected and engaged in relationships and interests is essential to mental and physical well-being, and volunteering helps to counter isolation. Without the invaluable contributions of our volunteers, in our various projects, we would not be able to provide the range of high quality services that support individuals at each step of their journey toward wellness and recovery and make a difference to the community as a whole.
Why volunteer at Mind in Harrow?
Everyone has different reasons to volunteer:
- Personal experience of mental health difficulties, or of supporting a family member who has.
- A stepping stone back into the world of employment.
- Gaining experience and knowledge if considering a career in mental health.
- Having some time and wanting to offer support in the community or a listening hear to others.
We are committed to valuing diversity in relation to the recruitment, selection and involvement of volunteers. We see each individual as having the potential to make a unique contribution and we welcome and value this diversity. Depending on your interests and skills, we can make sure that you find the right volunteering opportunity to suit you. We are committed to making your volunteering experience at Mind in Harrow a rewarding and productive one.
Unfortunately due to the of the nature of our work we can only accept volunteer applications from those aged over 18 years old.
What volunteering with Mind in Harrow can offer you
- Stimulating training courses.
- A chance to develop skills, use your talents and discover new ones.
- Regular support and supervision.
- An opportunity to meet new people in a welcoming and friendly environment.
- The opportunity to make a difference!
What Mind in Harrow expects from volunteers
- To have a desire to contribute positively to the project.
- To be reliable and committed to the role.