Heads Up youth volunteer trainer
Mind in Harrow is currently recruiting volunteers for its youth wellbeing project, HeadsUp. HeadsUp volunteers deliver peer-led mental health and resilience workshops to young people in schools, colleges and community groups all around Harrow. As a HeadsUp volunteer, you will help to support other young people to have a better understanding of mental health, teach strategies that can help build their resilience and improve their emotional wellbeing and signpost to our HeadsUp partners and other mental health resources in Harrow.
As this is a peer volunteer role, we require that applicants are aged 18-30 and have had some personal experience of mental health difficulties. We prioritise Harrow residents.
Why volunteer for HeadsUp?
- Aged 18 – 30.
- Some appreciation of emotional health difficulties through personal experience and willingness to share this with support.
- An interest in emotional wellbeing issues.
- Organisational skills.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to listen, show patience and empathy.
- Willingness to learn from your own and others’ experience.
- We prioritise people living or with connections to the project in Harrow.
- You must be reliable and have good time keeping skills.
Will be delivered virtually through 4 x 2 hour sessions over a period of 4 weeks.
A minimum of 1 day per fortnight (Monday – Friday) for six months.
Closing date for applications
Friday 13th November at 5pm