To support the provision of the Mind in Harrow Information Service and Support & Wellbeing Information Service Harrow (SWiSH), as appropriate for a volunteer role, between opening hours 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday (not bank holidays)
Key duties on the telephone Information Line
- To provide support (listening ear) to callers
- To provide signposting options on the phone, via email or post to callers on local and national services relating to mental health problems
- To uphold the confidentiality policy of the service
- To keep relevant records of calls and fulfil required administration procedures in line with Mind in Harrow policy
- To conduct an initial risk assessment of callers, as appropriate, and refer to Senior Duty Cover to support any person potentially at risk.
- Living within the London Borough of Harrow or 30 mins commute
- Able to provide two satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS application with documentation
- Ability to listen
- Possess a non-judgmental attitude and have capacity to learn and self-reflect
- Some prior understanding of mental health would be desirable
- Ability to support people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to use Word, email, internet and Zoom to a sufficient standard
- Willing to commit a minimum of four hours per week for a period of 1 year
- Reliable, flexible, empathetic
4- 8 hours per week
Support & Wellbeing Information Worker
Email: email@example.com or tel: 020 8426 0929
Applicants must complete a 4-day volunteer training course, run by Mind in Harrow.
The dates of the next course are: Summer 2023
Applicants will be interviewed (telephone/ Zoom ) prior to being offered a place on the course. Some of the training course sessions will be online and others will be in-person.
Deadline for applications
Please submit your completed application as soon as possible to be considered for our Autumn intake: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the information below and complete the volunteering enquiry form opposite to register your interest, or download and complete and return the volunteer application form below: